Sports Deitary

Welcome to my Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ronaldo commits to Man United


Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo said he will stay at Manchester United next season and is not about to join Real Madrid, Portuguese media reported on Wednesday.

"United manager Alex Ferguson heard my arguments and I heard his and between the two of us we decided that the best thing for both parties was that I should stay at Manchester United next season," Ronaldo said.

The comments were welcomed by United, who said "Ronaldo remains a Red" and "Cristiano Ronaldo is going nowhere" on their website, adding Ferguson's delighted reaction.

Ronaldo, who is currently recovering from ankle surgery, added that he wanted to quash any speculation that he would be staying at United against his will.

"Before any rumors emerge that I'm unhappy to stay at United I want to make one thing clear and that is that anyone who says that is lying," he was quoted as saying.

No comments: