Sports Deitary

Welcome to my Blog

Friday, October 24, 2008

Roddick overcomes Ginepri to reach Lyon quarter-finals


Top seed Andy Roddick served a barrage of aces to beat fellow American Robby Ginepri 7-6 7-6 and reach the Lyon Grand Prix quarter-finals on
Thursday.

"Robby certainly played better than me and my serve obviously made the difference," said the former world number one, whose 26 aces included one on a set point for Ginepri in the second tiebreak.

Roddick faces Robin Soderling for a berth in the last four. The seventh seeded Swede easily swept past Belgian qualifier Christophe Rochus 6-1, 6-2 in only 46 minutes.

Soderling beat Roddick in the quarter-finals in Memphis earlier this year in their only encounter so far.

The American, who is sixth in the race for the season-ending Masters Cup, is bidding for one of the three remaining places in the eight-man Shanghai event in November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will often find that they have seasonal promotions on gold. This site has very good prices but the main thing that it offers is it's wide range of additional services such as experience, honor, arena, and reputation powerleveling. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I highly recommend checking them out.
Buy powerleveling :www.wowlevelingus.com review- (update BankOfWow is undergoing "Paypal Money Laundering Review" so I would avoid using this sist for a while. They have jacked up the prices durring this review to reduce the amount of people that are ordering threw them. I hope they have this resolved soon but I do no recomend using them until this is resolved. Once this is resolved I will probably end up using them again as they were the best wow gold http://www.powerleveling2000.com/WowGold.aspx